Thursday, September 28, 2006

Interbike 2006

Bar none, my favorite memory and part of managing a bike shop was getting the opportunity to attend Interbike, International Bicycle Expo. Going there for the first time is like being a child all over again, and walking into a toy store for the first time! Your eyes get big, and all you can do is stare w/ your mouth wide open! It's friggin' huge! By the way, it's at the Sands Expo Center, in VEGAS BABY! Overload to say the least.

This is mostly the reason why I want to get this blog to a larger level. Of course I want to force, uhh, share my opinions w/ all of you out there, but I love product and I want to get my hands on the latest and greatest. Ultimately, I'm aiming to attend the show again, but this time as a member of the press. I still love this industry, and I know I still have a lot to give for my country!

As Cyclingnews and Pez stroll through the visual smorgasbord of the tradeshow, I'll provide some of my thoughts on the things they've shown. I know I'm reporting on a report, but it's a start. It's not much different than reporting on a live race that someone else is doing the color commentary on. If you haven't been paying attention, Eurobike, and the EICMA have already passed, and a ton of product has already been posted. I've seen some nice things, and I've seen some "what are they thinking" things as well.

As for Vegas, think about what it's like normally, then think about an entire city overrun w/ a bunch of crazy bike nuts from all over the world. It's a HUGE party. And cyclists love strip clubs. Vegas has the best!

Ummmm...strip clubs!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home