Wednesday, March 01, 2006

the same but different.

I'm still fighting something, the same something I've been fighting for the past month. I'm keeping it back w/ Air Defense immune booster, and Zicam zinc chews. These have been doing the job, but I keep running myself down after I start to get ahead. The rides are feeling good though. I feel stronger, but I'm wondering why I'm still putting in the same times. Not that averages are a great indicator of progress, but I'd expect a higher average MPH would equal a lower time. I did stop and check my phone for 5 minutes, but that's not a huge difference to hang onto.

I put in a pretty good effort on the final hill and didn't have a hint of fatigue, in fact it was pretty exhilarating. That's one thing that I'm truly looking forward to: launching up hills w/out a problem. The stronger you get, the steeper the hill you look for. It becomes an obsession. You start to see hairpin switchback and imagine that you're on Alpe d'Huez powering away from the peloton on your way to a solo win; you just have to get rid of Basso who's been shadowing you the entire day. Everybody wonders how I can go the same route every ride and not get tired; there's your answer. I've got a freaky imagination.

I'm sure that I'm going to see a change in the time pretty soon if today's ride is an indicator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home