Friday, February 17, 2006

ride data: 2/17/06

I still haven't resolved the USB problem so still no pretty screenshot of my pathetic fitness. I think that I should take a camera along so I can at least have something to show on the blog instead of a mass of words. Maybe I'll make a cute graphic to put the monitor info in, however today I'm going to just throw some numbers up on the screen and you can deal w/ it.

I added a little more to the ride yesterday, totalling 31 miles. The average temp for the ride was a tropical 65°. Unfortunately along w/ that came some ridiculous winds, and that just flat out sucked. Here's a quick rundown:
31 miles/ 2 hours 16 minutes/ 13.5 mph average/
87 rpm/ 1304 kcal/163 bpm avg/ 181 bpm max.

Once again, another piano ride. I bring up the piano term because Bob Roll kept talking about it during the 2004 Giro on OLN. The Giro stages are typically started in a piano state, w/ everyone going ballistic in the end. The only thing going ballistic on my ride was my thighs on the hill getting to my apartment. I was almost on the verge of cramping. I hate getting back into shape. It has only been a couple of months layoff of distance riding and even though I was riding to work, the muscles really do atrophy quickly.

I've had a pretty decent recovery and most of the muscles used to hold myself upright aren't huting today so that's a good sign. I still find this funny since I was doing mostly 50 and 60 mile rides during the summer w/ significantly lower HR and higher average speeds. I even completed my first century. I rode to the end of the W&OD (Washington and Old Dominion). That's a long damn time to be on a bike. I'm not looking to do that again for a while.

We'll see how the weather holds out for the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home