Saturday, February 25, 2006

ride data: 2/25/06 prevailing winds prevailed!


No reply yet from Polar on the USB problems, but, I did however find my damn serial version! It goes a little slower but since I probably couldn't outrun it I won't complain; I'll simply take another sip of coffee waiting for it to upload.

Quick rundown on the interface: red curve w/ white fill is HR, red line w/ grey fill is altitude, green curve is RPM, and blue is MPH. Essential data is along the bottom. Data directly under graph is pinpoint data, which I haven't highlighted. This is where you can see all monitor data during a selected moment of your ride. In the future I'll highlight this when I'm doing something other than keeping from passing out and staying upright. I give myself too much credit; 700c training wheels are my domestiques of choice! Get me water bitches!

I wish I could show you the windspeed average, since I was fighting it for most of the ride. I wasn't going to cry about this one as I was visualizing I was riding Het Volk (ran today!) in the same dramatic, crappy weather conditions. You can see some of the data I've been giving you, but it doesn't give you everything unfortunately. Interesting to note that the distance and time were nearly the same but the effort was completely different. You can see the effect the wind had on the entire ride. I imagine that on a calm day I could've shaved off a ton of time.

For everyone's knowledge, the altimeter is based off of a barometric sensor, so the altitude of my start/end point can vary every once in awhile. Here you can see it was a little lower than when I started; or it may be that my apartment is sinking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home