Tuesday, February 21, 2006

ride data: 2/21/06

I felt decent for most of the ride today, but that may be from the fact that I was stopping repeatedly so I can provide you people w/ something to look at other than my numbers. Yes, I took some pictures of my glorious time on the path today. Hopefully you'll appreciate all the trouble I went to…


31 miles/ 2 hours 47minutes/ 13.6 mph average/

84rpm/ 1491 kcal/160 bpm avg/ 188 bpm max.

Very similar to the last ride. I'm still having too many days in between rides to really start to change quickly. My legs are feeling better though, and my recovery was great. I'm usually a BITCH after my rides, but it seems that I did things right today.


The first shot above is out past Alexandria on wooden bridge that was deformed by the last hurricane to pass through. As corny as it may sound I like to envision myself riding in Paris-Roubaix, pretending that the weathered boards are the cobbles of the northern classic. I know this is smooth in comparison, but you can really get the feeling of having to push a "massive gear" (Paul Sherwen) so you can float over effortlessly.


The second shot is of the back straightaway of Haines Point in DC. This is the perfect place to do any kind of interval training or virtually uninterrupted riding for at least a 3 mile loop.

See you next ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home