Saturday, August 19, 2006

back from the team car...

Lost contact w/ the grupetto on that last Col so I hitched on to my team car to get me over. Though at one point I was playing to the crowd doing my best "Mayo"; hopping off my bike and walking up the mountain "suffering" from bad morale. Needless to say the Basque didn't appreciate it and I paid the price by riding the rest of the stage smelling of hot cerveza! Hopefully I don't have any doping controls at the finish!

I've been writing some posts, but I haven't finished any of them. You know, because of all the doping talk. I've been in such a funk. That's disgusting just to write! I did start a post on Boonen winning the sprint in the Eneco Tour because he started a program of EPO. That didn't go anywhere. I couldn't get any humor out of it. You know, because of my dope funk. I do have some observations of the dope fallout and that's half finished, and I should have that soon. You know, because I'm funky dope.

Watching the Eneco Tour of Benelux now on Cycling.TV. What, you aren't? Me so sorry. Right now I'm streaming over a meg and a half so the image looks great. One thing I've been fascinated w/ is all the traffic "furniture" that Belgium/Holland throws onto the roads there. When you're rolling in a group that size at that speed, that crap can be devastating. I'm amazed that there hasn't been more crashes. It makes for good TV though.

If you've been avoiding reading any cycling results you should check out what Jens Voigt has been doing since the Tour. 7 wins in 12 days! He took 3 stages and the overall at the Tour of Germany. This guy ain't on the juice so it's great to see one of the nice guys of the peleton get some results.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home