Thursday, August 03, 2006

some shizzle.

-I hate recumbents. Also, I generally dislike those who pilot the hateful contraptions, known as recumbanteers. I hated when they came into the shop since most of them had mightier than thou attitudes, and I hate seeing them on the paths as they typically look at me like I'm the shit of the earth. Something like I'm obviously going way to fast and I'm suddenly going to flip out and crash right into them. Most of them go WAY to f-ing fast themselves w/ little or no handling skills to speak of. This is precisely why they get a recumbent; they can put their feet down in a panic. Unfortunately they're the ones riding like idiots. Let me say this: I can handle a bike very well, and a recumbent to me is dangerously unwieldy.

If you have back problems, cool. This is your only option. Just don't look at me like I'm going to kill you. I have to say I love the hand-crankers; anyone that no longer has the use of their legs and still has the jones to ride go for it. You get props for doing it all w/ your arms! That's bad ass!

-What was up w/ the dude wearing black tights on his ride home in today's 106' weather? What an ass.

-I love heat index warning days since no one is on the bike path!

-I tried something new today on my way home. I tried the Euro-pro trick of downing some soda before a big effort. Aside from burping the carbonation, I felt like a superman for the rest of the ride. My biggest worry was its high glycemic index not allowing it to absorb as fast as a gel or hydro drink would. It did great, and I felt great! Who knew?

-I was more a tourist today than anything. I brought my real camera along. I will share some shots w/ you. You will love them.

The first one is of the new Wilson Bridge spanning between MD and VA. I'm under the new section which is in use, while the next section is still being constructed. The drawbridge to the far left is the old Wilson Bridge which is being deconstructed now that one span is open.

This is what is left of the old bridge.




Technorati Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home