Saturday, July 22, 2006

who's got time to ride when there's racin' on!

I've written before how I like to use my wild imagination to spur my rides on by visualizing myself as another rider, or during a particular race. Today's ride was no different, unfortunately for me I picked Floyd Landis on the climb to La Toussuiere! I'm guessing I owe my case of the bad forms to my intake of Maryland's finest: Crabs at Hooper's in O.C.! Went downey oweshin yesturdee Hon! I guess that you don't get too much energy simply from several pounds of backfin and fatty entrails (how dey eatum downair Millriver, Balmer Canny).

Anyway regardless of my food choices yestur...yesterday, I still wanted to keep my average speed up around the 16mph mark for most of the ride. I still warm up for at least 30 minutes and I still have that bitch of a hill at the end so I have to deal w/ those times messing w/ my final numbers, but for the rest of the ride I try to keep it moving.

There were some fast people out today, so I was getting my caloric intake mostly from eating emasculation pie. It was however a friendly ride, and not too many wads or jerkoffs to deal with. My route was normal: out towards Mt. Vernon but not all the way. Turnaround back through the neighborhood route, back onto the trail, then onto Hains Point for a couple of laps. I felt like I was in difficulty for much of the ride and kept wondering why I was riding at this pace, but I was able to maintain a reasonable tempo. That was about it.



T-Tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home