Sunday, June 25, 2006

i'm starting not to care.

what level do you hold your heroes?
I went through this agonizing period around this time last year as Lance was going through the thousandth allegation from some French bitch regarding his use of EPO. I started to separate myself in order to not be crushed when they found out that it was true. That was just recently closed saying that, well, whatever. It said that he wasn't doping in some round about way; like it always is.
There has to be something to Lemond's and the Andreu's statements. Plus, think about how much you'd let your guard down while you're on what you think at the time is your deathbed. You'd divulge as much medical info as possible. I always thought that he doped back in the Motorola days anyway, everybody did, so why not him.

I wanted to put together a funny post w/ images of all the Spanish douches, but it doesn't seem right now w/ the new allegations. I then wanted to do a retrospective of all the past "champions" who were confirmed dopers. You know, Coppi, Anqueteil, Simpson and a host of others that time has allowed us to get over. Why is that different than now? Why are we so high and mighty that we cannot accept anything less than perfect. Now all we want to do is search out and destroy all of our sporting past and present thinking that's the answer for the future. Who knows? I know that I have a bad taste when it comes to all of this.

That's why I'm starting not to care; at least about all that crap. I love cycling, regardless of who we find out to be cheat or not. We have Basso and Boonen at the moment that have not a hint of accusations being thrown at them so hopefully that will continue to hold. Cycling will always continue to produce stars, and it will always produce cheats.


I don't know where I stand, but I'm still standing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home