Tuesday, June 06, 2006

whatever!

I've been riding, but I really don't have any time to post anything as I'm still working like a dog trying to get my resume site up and running. The other reason I'm not posting my rides, is that once again, I'm not ABLE!

The other day I was having a great ride and I had brought along my camera to get some shots of my bike and the saddle I'm riding right now so I could do some reviews. I was able to also get some shots of a snapping turtle that had decided to camp out on the path as well. I will say that I was having some issues w/ my Polar (what a suprise) speed sensor. It unfortunately has started to crack at the slots for the zip ties and it moves around. It kept hitting the magnet on the wheel; ANNOYING! I would stop and try to situate it; this happening many times during the ride. So after my turn around it started to happen again, so I started fiddling w/ it while moving (you know where this is going) and inevitably my fingers slipped and PING, my fingers hits the spokes (bladed)! There's that moment before you look at the wound that you decide what it's going to look like from the sound and the pain and I thought I was going to see part of my finger hanging off. It happens that I just grazed the middle finger, but there was a chunk of skin flapping followed by the sweet crimson flow of my innards. I was more worried about getting blood on my white bar tape and my shoes than I was about the actual wound! I was able to stop the bloodflow pretty quickly and continued my ride.

When I got home I wanted to see the pictures I took and as I stuck the card into my card reader/usb hub everything went haywire! The computer froze, and after I restarted I was able to see the card but it was saying that it wasn't formatted! The reader zapped my card! I lost the day's ride as well as my cousin's wedding and my nephew's communion. I tried a recovery tool and the images weren't there. I was however able to recover my honeymoon pictures, even though I have them backed up on 3 hard drives and 2 hardcopies...SWEET!

The story gets better. It turns out that incident has also fried my motherboard as my computer is no longer getting through post! I just built it, and it's dead! This would be a perfect time to update to a SLi compatible motherboard, no money, no upgrade! Hopefully this will correct the issue as I'm pretty sure that the problem is w/ the board, as there is no way to truly isolate it. So much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home